Nippon Viajero is bringing you the first ever Master Class. Learn how to make tamales in Tokyo! A unique experience to learn ancient culinary techniques and just how easy it is to make tamales at home!
Tamales Master Class
In this workshop we will cover the techniques to make tamales. An emblematic Mexican dish with more than 500 years of history. The class duration is 3 hours, you will make tamales from scratch. All ingredients and supplies are included. Each participant gets to make 1/2 dozen tamales. Vegan version available! Please let us know below if you would like a vegan menu.
- Red Chili Pork Tamales- Slow cooked pork with a traditional red chili sauce. Wrapped in corn husks and steamed.
- Jackfruit Red Chili – Jack fruit marinated in a traditional red chili sauce and wrapped in corn husks and steamed. (Vegan version)
- Cinnamon Yuzu Agua de Jamaica- Hibiscus tea, with citrus, and cinnamon.
- Date: Sunday, February 13th, 2022.
- Morning session:10:30am-1:30pm
- Afternoon Session 3:00pm-6:00pm
- Location: plat295 near Tokyo Sky Tree!
- Fee: 9,900円 *tax included
- Includes: drinks, ingredients, recipes, 1/2 dozen tamales.
Cancellation and Payment Policy
Kindly make the payment within 24 hours of receiving the payment link.
Cancellations must be done 48 hours in advance for a full refund. Half refund for 24 hours notice, and no refund for same-day cancellations. We understand life happens and under extreme circumstances, we are willing to reschedule the workshop. Please note that we are a small business that supports other local businesses. When you schedule a workshop we work hard to give back to the community and source the freshest ingredients possible, even if the workshops are online. We believe in giving back to the community and supporting small and local shops. Thank you for your cooperation.
Submit your review
The class itself was really fun and we hope to do another one in the future!
Loved the class and the food!! This inspired me to also have a tamales making class at home. It would be amazing if the tamales kit was sold with premade salsa roja since I don’t have a blender at home. Would also love to buy some frozen tamales for home.