Introducing the second annual Summer Harvest workshop! This year Nippon Viajero is collaborating with Himitsu Farm to bring you a unique culinary event.
Our event will take place at the beautiful Himitsu Farm in Uenohara, just one hour away from Tokyo. Join us learn about organic farming, harvest your own summer crops, and enjoy a 3-course traditional Mexican meal.
About Himistu Farm
Hello, I am Brian from Himistu Farm, an American practicing organic and regenerative farming while renovating a 150 year old farm house in Yamanashi Prefecture.
My farming style focuses on creating soil that is alive with fungi and other microorganisms, thereby removing the need to use chemical fertilizers.
I grow seasonal vegetables, grains, fruit, and mushrooms. I also forage for wild Japanese vegetables, and raise chickens and goats.
I am passionate about learning the old traditions of life in an agrarian village, and welcome anyone who wants to visit and learn more about Japanese country life and organic farming.
In this workshop you will learn about organic farming and soil, harvest the menus vegetables, and learn about the traditional Mexican dish Mole. Made from herbs, dry chiles, nuts, and chocolate. One of Mexicos delicacy!
Please bring cool clothing sunscreen, confortable shoes we will be outside touring the farm and harvesting some of the event ingredients.
- Dates: Saturday July 30th, 2022
- Time: 13:00-17:00
- Location: Himitsu Farm in Uenohara 1hr from Tokyo.
- Meet up spot at Uenohara Station. We will drive you to the farm.
- Fee: ¥11,000 tax included
- The fee includes 3-course meal ingredients, recipes, drinks, and an organic vegetable bag.
- Vegetable bag: Zucchini, Apple mint, potatoes, carrots, and squash.
Notice: Due to the current COVID-19 situation we require participants to wear masks during the workshop. We will keep the area well ventilated, and take your temperature upon arrival. Please refrain from participating if you feel sick. Thank you for your cooperation.
This menu will make two traditional Mexican meals using corn masa, salsas, and fillings made from this year’s summer harvested organic vegetables. The Vegetables will be sourced from various local farms in Japan. The menu is vegetarian and will include some dairy products. Please let us know in advance if you have allergies.
- Handmade Corn Tortillas: Corn masa tortillas.
- Chicken or Vegetable Mole almendrado: Organic Japanese Chicken made with a traditional chocolate, chile, and almond base Mexican sauce.
- Salsa: Traditional salsa made with chilies, herbs, and spices.
- Appetizers: Bread made with 2022 harvested wheat, cheese, homemade plum syrup, and figs.
- Agua Fresca: Mexican traditional drink made from fruits.
- Salad: Beets,Carrots, queso fresco, and mint yogurt dressing.
- Dessert: Mexican Vanilla cake with Honey^Sudachi Mascarpone Frosting.
Please fill out the form below to make a reservation. Once you have signed up we will send you an email with the payment details. Please make payment within 24 hours of signing up to finalize the reservation.
Notice: Cancellation and Payment Policy
Please make the payment within 24 hours of receiving the payment link.
Cancellations must be done 48 hours in advance for a full credit. No credit for same-day cancellations. We understand life happens and under extreme circumstances, we are willing to reschedule the workshop. Please note that we are a small business that supports other local businesses. When you schedule a workshop we work hard to give back to the community and source the freshest ingredients possible, even if the workshops are online. We believe in giving back to the community and supporting small and local shops. Thank you for your cooperation.